Register | Entry Fees | Distance Changes | Bib Transfers | Refunds | Wait List | Rules
There is no mail-in registration.
Register by February 1st to get your name personalized on your bib. See Perks here...
This race has a cap for each distance. The entry fees are structured as pricing tiers based on how full the distance is to capacity. Fees always subject to change.
Half Marathon - a quality technical fabric running shirt in gender-specific sizing; a custom racing bib; a fun 13.1-mile race; a large heavy finisher medal when you cross that finish line!
First 100 - $60 (a random 50 of the first 200 Half & 5K entrants will get our "In Training" technical fabric running shirt!)Until Race Day - $80 (Current price tier)
Race Day - $85
5K - a quality technical fabric running shirt in gender-specific sizing (instead of that typical white cotton t-shirt other races give!); a custom racing bib; a fun 3.1-mile race!
First 80 - $25 (a random 50 of the first 200 Half & 5K entrants will get our "In Training" technical fabric running shirt!) Until race day - $30 (Current price tier)
Race Day - $35
Kids' 100 Yard Dash - All entrants - $5
If you need to change down to the 5K, you can do that through race week up until race day. No refunds will be granted if you downgrade from the half marathon to the 5K at any time.
Want to transfer your race entry to a friend? Bib transfers will be allowed through February 24th only and will be subject to a $15 Administration Fee. NO TRANSFERS ALLOWED ON RACE WEEK OR RACE DAY. You have until Friday, February 24, 11:59 pm to complete the steps below.
How to transfer your bib:
- The person with the race entry needs to email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know who you want to have the entry.
- Then, you have the new person go online to register and choose the "Bib Transfer" option. It will collect their data, their signed waiver, and the $15 transfer fee.
- We will confirm by email when the transfer is complete.
Refunds can be requested by email and will be processed only until February 5th. Refunds are subject to a $20 Administration Fee.
Up until February 15th, if a race distance sells out, we will offer a wait list for those didn't get in. No one will be allowed off the wait list after February 15.
We want the event to be safe and enjoyable for all registered, which means we have to put some rules in place. The race officials can disqualify you from the race and/or grant you a one year ban from all races by The Active Joe if these rules are not followed:
- Race day registration will be available 6:00 am to 7:15 am if the race is not sold out. Entry fee will not be adjusted if we are out of shirts or any other race swag items. Exact cash or checks only race day morning and during race week registration at packet pickup.
- No dogs or strollers are allowed on the race course for the safety of all.
- Runners and walkers are both welcome, as long as you can finish by the time limit.
- Entry fees are non-refundable, including the case of inclement weather.
- No refunds will be granted if you downgrade from the half marathon to the 5K at any time.
- This is a private event, so unregistered participants are not allowed. "Banditting" (as this action is referred to) is frowned upon in the running community and unfair to the runners who paid for the opportunity to participate. Race entry fees go for a lot more than water on a course, medals at the finish line, and a shirt in your race packet. It also exposes an event to serious liability risk. It stresses race resources that were calibrated for the sold-out number of participants and therefore can put other participants', the paid participants, health or safety at risk. Those who bandit any portion of the race may be banned from future events by The Active Joe.
- Unregistered pacers are expressly prohibited in this event. In our definition, an unregistered pacer means a runner who does not have a race entry who joins into the race for at least a mile of the course to help support another runner who is registered. Besides presenting an unfair competitive advantage to one runner, regardless of whether you are a competitive participant or not, it creates a huge traffic issue on the course if this rule is disregarded. Anyone found using an unregistered pacer will be disqualified from the race.
- Note that it is never okay to allow someone to else to use your bib without a proper bib transfer arranged with the Race Director. This can lead to serious liability and medical risks in the chance of emergency and jeopardize the future of the event for everyone.
- Our primary goal is to provide a safe event for participants, volunteers, and the community alike. If something arises that threatens that safety, then a) the event will be altered as it is reasonably possible without stressing other resources, b) the events may be delayed during the morning, or c) the event may be canceled. The event can not be rescheduled for another date due to resource availability in the event of cancelation.
- Event shirts not picked up at packet pickup or race day will not be mailed.